3×08 – “The Worst Day Since Yesterday”
Overview: Brooke deals with the fallout of sleeping with Chris Keller, Karen deals with Dan and everyone prepares for the first Ravens game of the season.
- Lucas is allowed to be grossed out about Chris Keller but he’s not allowed to be mad. He and Brooke were not together.
- Nathan Scott is my favorite. All protective over Brooke. And threatening Chris Keller. It’s so hot. “I like to think of that as hitting you. Without the hitting.”
- Who wouldn’t vote for Karen? She is a gem.
- Just the thought of Dan wanting or trying to hurt Nathan makes me want to throw him off a bridge. Such an abusive bastard.
- Watching Nathan & Haley have a civilized conversation at this point makes me so happy. I DON’T ASK FOR MUCH.
- Karen Roe for PRESIDENT. When she messes up that quote about getting under someone? I die. She is hilarious.
- LOL at Whitey making Tim wear 0 after he gets 55 tattooed on himself. Whitey is kind of the best.
- If Danneel was cheering for me, I would have a really hard time concentrating. Lady is a bombshell. I love her.
- I crack up laughing every time Nathan nails Chris in the face with the ball. And then he laughs at Lucas and is SO cute.
- So when Nathan calls Haley right away after talking to her so that they can walk together, I start crying and making these strange noises because OH MY GOD THEY ARE SO PRECIOUS.
- Go Mouth. Getting Dan beating up his kid on tape is super rad.
Best Bit: James’ impression of CMM is SPOT ON and PERFECT and I could watch it forever. Seriously. I just die. Over and over. Also, his buzz cut is so damn sexy.
Ugh! Moment: Dan going after Nathan in the locker room. It makes my blood boil and I just want to KILL him. Such a dick.
Fave Quote: “Quit looking at Keller. We already know he can score.” Snarky Nathan is amazing.
Biggest Question: How come the team didn’t make Lucas join in with the shaved heads thing? He probably needs it more than anyone eles!
On My iPod: “Song Beneath The Song” by Maria Taylor & “The Mixed Tape” by Jack’s Mannequin
3×09 – “How a Resurrection Really Feels”
Overview: The election comes to a close, the investigation into who tried to kill Dan heats up, and Nathan hits the road with Chris Keller.
- “I guess we know who the cellblock tough’s gonna be.” Brooke is hilarious. I don’t think they would have been put into jumpsuits, though.
- When I first thought Nathan was telling this stuff to Haley, I got really upset. Thank GOD it was just Chris Keller.
- I remember wanting to know who was on that tape SO BAD. It was murder waiting to find out. Not sure I ever pegged Deb, though.
- I love Marty and I LOVE that he was mentioned again in Season 9. Hilarious.
- The birth of Clothes over Bros!!! Awwwwwww!!!! The unnecessary apostrophe really bothers me, though.
- Every interaction between Nathan and Chris Keller is priceless. They are incredible together. No wonder James had so much fun filming this episode. It’s so much fun to watch!
- After hearing “Halo” for the first time, I sang it non-stop in my head FOR MONTHS. Killer jam.
- “Chris Keller’s work here is done.” Farewell Chris Keller (for now).
- I can never decide whether or not I like Peyton’s inner conversations with her Halloween self.
- I feel so bad for Brooke. Lucas really dicked her over and she was just trying to protect her heart and he couldn’t handle it. What an ass. Glad he finally got over himself.
Best Bit: I BET YOU’LL NEVER GUESS. Sweet reunion heaven. Everything about it is perfect. The way they look at each other, their kissing. The recreation of the scene at the door when Nathan asks if he can stay with her in “With Arms Outstretched.” And then oh my God she pulls him down by his wedding ring on the chain. LORD HAVE MERCY I JUST CAN’T TAKE IT. THE FEELINGS ARE TOO MUCH.
Ugh! Moment: I hate being reminded that it wasn’t Nathan who kissed Haley while wearing the batman costume. Bad times, man. Also, Karen should have won the election.
Fave Quote: “Haley. Stay with me tonight.” I JUST DIE A BILLION TIMES OMG.
Biggest Question: Do we really believe that Brooke could have made THOSE dresses, by herself, in that short amount of time?
On My iPod: “For Blue Skies” by Strays Don’t Sleep & “Halo” by Bethany Joy Lenz
Overview: Deb confesses to Nathan, Lucas helps Peyton find Ellie and Brooke officially launches Clothes Over Bro’s.
- I love starting the episode with Naley kisses. With them in bed together. It just makes me so happy.
- Dan is so fucking creepy. Picking up Haley’s bra? Talking about Peyton? Stealing Nathan’s note for Haley? Ugh. That guy. Gross.
- “You called me 17 minutes ago and I DRIVE a bicycle.” I love Mouth. Brooke doesn’t appreciate him enough.
- I am glad that Peyton sought out and found Ellie. I love this storyline of hers!!
- On the other hand, I could not care less about Lucas and his friends who are not in Tree Hill.
- I hate Dan but Nathan is right, what he screams at Deb. “You don’t have the courage to leave him but you have the courage to kill him?” GO NATHAN. Deb will never win a mother of the year award.
- I love that Haley told Brooke to stop being such a bitch to everyone who was working so hard. Brooke really needed to hear that. She was acting like a real d-bag.
Best Bit: I love that Nathan came home from that horrible time with his mom and wanted to see Haley right away. Be still my heart!
Ugh! Moment: Lucas really left Brooke in bed to go do something with the girl that broke them up in the first place??? I’m all about Leyton but Lucas can be such a tool.
Fave Quote: Ida Scott Taylor once wrote, “Do not look back and grieve over the past, for it is gone and do not be troubled for the future for it is yet to come. Live in the present and make it so beautiful that it will be worth remembering.”
Biggest Question: Didn’t Brooke make those other dresses in her bedroom in like 3 hours? What happened to her magic powers?
On My iPod: “Sugar, We’re Goin’ Down” by Fall Out Boy & “Halo” by Bethany Joy Lenz
3×11 – “Return of the Future”
Overview: The Ravens are losing, Peyton & Ellie are working on their album and Haley and Nathan try and navigate more rough waters.
- Dan is gross. And is so sheisty. Hate that guy so much. SCREW HIM for trying to make problems between Nathan & Haley. UGH!
- KEITH!! So good to see his face. SO GOOD. I never realize how much I miss that guy until I see him again.
- “Kiss first.” Haley. You are my spirit animal. Never change.
- NATHAN! You fucking a-hole. IT TAKES TWO!! Why does SHE have to be in charge of the birth control? DO NOT BE YOUR FATHER’S SON!
- Did I mention that Whitey is the best? I wish he could coach all of my teams. They would always win!!
- Lucas is such a douche. Teasing Brooke about the letters that she put so much of her heart into? Fuck Lucas.
- Karen & Keith make me all melty. They are so precious and sweet.
- This argument between Nathan & Haley is so rough. Really hard to hear. But I know it has been played out before. I hate that Nathan is letting Dan get into his head. I hate that he is acting like Dan in how he is talking to Haley. Haley made a mistake.
- “Here’s an idea. If you don’t want to be like Dan, don’t.” I love Haley James Scott SO DAMN MUCH.
- GO KAREN!! Kiss the HELL out of Keith!! ABOUT DAMN TIME!
Best Bit: Lucas and Nathan finding their rhythm on the new/old court. Just like the old Boston Garden. (I may be Boston biased).
Ugh! Moment: I hate it when Nathan and Haley fight but I especially hate it when they are fighting because he is being a jerk. He’s so much better than Dan. He just needs to remember that ALL the time.
Fave Quote: after seeing Dan, Whitey: (I thought we killed all the cockroaches.)
On My iPod: “Concrete Bed” by Nada Surf, “You Wanted It” by MoZella, “Always Love” by Nada Surf & “The Blues” by Switchfoot