Happy #OTH Wednesday! How awesome is it that it’s the 23rd? I know, I am such a nerd. This week has been super heavy with the OTH nostalgia as the UK finished up the series and The CW here in the states re-played the final two. One Tree Hill is in the air! Don’t miss all of the OTH goodies at the end of the recap!
1×13 – “Hanging By A Moment”
Overview: Whitey and Haley both get a little help from Nathan, Peyton is guilt-ridden by what happened with Lucas and Keith is anxious for Karen to get home. A little too anxious.
- How awesome is it that Nathan is shirtless in Haley’s dream? I mean, why wouldn’t he be? We know where her mind is at.
- I forgot Dan & Deb were still going to therapy. That’s not a waste of time with Dan or anything.
- I think it’s kind of ballsy for Lucas & Peyton to make out right there in the hall. Isn’t high school like FULL of blabber mouths?
- AWKWARD!! Brooke telling Peyton she’s falling for Lucas right when they’re about to drop their big secret? Yikes.
- “I don’t want to go with my dad. I want to be with you.” *sigh*
- Dan is just AWFUL to Keith. Makes me crazy. That is not how brothers should treat each other.
- Haley has every right to be mad at Lucas. I think what he’s doing behind Brooke’s back is terrible. He should have broken up with her right away. And why is he all up in Haley’s business about Nathan again? They’re wonderful together!!! Shut up Lucas.
- I love the conversation between Nathan and Whitey. It’s so indicative of their relationship. And then Nathan lets his sweet little boy side show and it’s just very heartwarming. He says exactly what Whitey needs to hear.
- The first time I saw that car accident it made me jump out of my seat. Quite unexpected.
- I love how that doctor already knows Lucas will need surgery after just glancing at him for a second. He’s good.
Best Bit: Nathan teaching Haley how to shoot a free throw. SO EFFING CUTE. You can tell that he loves that there is something he can help her with after everything she has helped him with. It’s all over his face. And she is so worried about impressing him still. I just love it.
Ugh! Moment: Stupid Nathan. I am not saying that he should lie but maybe telling Haley why he went after her at the start was not the brightest idea.
Fave Quote: Whitey: (to Nathan) “You were in the library? Temperature must’ve dropped in hell.”
Biggest Question: Should Dan have moved Lucas from the accident scene like that? What if he had a broken neck or something?
On My iPod: “Pink Bullets” by The Shins
1×14 – “I Shall Believe”
Overview: Lucas lies unconscious in the hospital after the accident and drama continues to flow around him as Peyton, Nathan, Haley & Keith all feel their own kind of guilt.
- UGH!!! I absolutely HATE when Nathan and Haley are fighting. Haley has a right to be upset and Nathan was kinda dumb for sharing the whole truth but can’t they just move past it right away? For me?
- Oh man. Keith and Karen. Before it all goes bad. They are so sweet. He kissed the top of her head. I love that.
- Lucas is out cold surrounded by all the women who love him. Except Haley who can’t bring herself to go see him. AWKWARD.
- Nathan: “How’s Lucas?” Haley: “Like you care.” Nathan: “Haley, come on. That’s not fair. Look, we’re not tight, but I don’t wanna see the guy in the hospital.” Haley: “Why? Because if he’s out of circulation, then you can’t use me to piss him off?” STOP IT YOU TWO!! JUST STOP!!
- I have to give Brooke props. I am not sure I could ever just hang out with my boyfriend’s mom whom I just met while said boyfriend was in a coma.
- My mom found out about my first tattoo while I was in the hospital too. Best way to break the news. They can’t get that mad then.
- Moira Kelly is a really pretty crier.
- BLECH. Dan. Good God. Just give the woman a damn divorce.
- Peyton has great conversations in this episode. With Karen, with Haley and with Nathan. She’s kind of a screw up sometimes but she gives good advice.
- Nathan and Lucas have been strangers and enemies and now Nathan is helping him drink water. Weird.
- When Haley cries, I cry. Starting when Nathan goes to see her in the café. Even this early into their relationship, Nathan knows that Haley needs Lucas and vice versa and he won’t stop until he helps her. The crying carries all the way through to the end when she crawls into Lucas’ arms. Best friends forgive each other. SOB CITY.
Best Bit: I think it takes a LOT for Nathan to go and sit and talk to Lucas while he’s unconscious in the hospital. It’s great proof of how far he has already come and how much he cares about Haley. It’s also a great illustration of the weight Nathan is carrying. He thinks comatose Lucas is the lucky one?
Ugh! Moment: When Karen tells Keith to leave. I understand why she’s upset, but it still hurts my heart. Keith was so close to getting what he always wanted and then BAM!
Fave Quote: Nathan: “Look, I know that it was wrong to go after you for the reasons that I did. I can’t apologize for it. I’m glad I did it. I’m not that person anymore. It’s because of you.”
Biggest Question: Where does Haley find all of her weird hats?
On My iPod: “I Shall Believe” by Sheryl Crow
1×15 – “Suddenly Everything Has Changed”
Overview: Lucas is home from the hospital and must face the women in his life. All of them.
- Poor Brooke. She tries so hard. And she just has no idea. Sucks.
- Did Deb actually think that Dan would just give her an easy divorce?
- Oh my God Peyton. The wacked out phone excuse? WEAK.
- “What’s wrong with the old you?” I love you Nathan Scott. You’re just the sweetest. Ever.
- Good Lord. Those two ass holes are literally fighting over Nathan. Poor kid. I just want to slam their heads together.
- Oh Brooke. Hanging out with your ex’s mom? You are not making things easier for yourself. Poor girl needs some love.
- OMG THE LYING LUCAS!!! So bad!! I cannot deny the chemistry between Lucas and Peyton but what they do to Brooke is so shitty. But Lucas does have a point with Karen about Keith. That sucks.
- I seriously cannot say enough about what terrible parents Deb & Dan are. The manipulating from Dan? The lying from Deb? They should both be in jail. Right after I stab them nearly to death. Ass hats.
- It was a nice sentiment Peyton but it was a bit too late. Whether you continue your relationship with Lucas or not, the damage has been done.
- “Come on! You said you would do anything to help me and this would really take my mind off things.” Who could ever say no to that face? Ever?
Ugh! Moment: Realizing that Brooke saw Lucas and Peyton on the webcam. Of all the ways to find out…
Fave Quote: Nathan: “I realized that if I’m gonna live in the moment, I just wanna live in it with you.”
Biggest Question: Did Lucas honestly think he would get away with messing with Peyton behind Brooke’s back?
On My iPod: “Elsewhere” by Sarah McLachlan (sung on the episode by Bethany Joy Lenz) and “I Can’t Make Me” by Butterfly Boucher
1×16 – “The First Cut Is the Deepest”
Overview: Dan continues to manipulate everyone around him as Lucas, Brooke and Peyton deal with the fallout of a love triangle gone wrong.
- That look Nathan throws Peyton after she asks about the car is just ADORABLE. Half “shut up” and half “I’m a snotty brat.” Love it. Also, his DSL promises are very charming.
- “I’m sorry for the way things ended last time Nate.” “Whatever.” Nathan Scott. Please stop being perfect. It’s really not fair.
- Lucas is SUCH A BRAT!!! I seriously just want to smack him and put him in time out just like I would a toddler acting the exact same way.
- Oh my GOD I hate Nicki. So much. She totally wasted a drink and then also is a whore bitch from hell. And why does she keep setting things on fire?
- Lucas is such a slut. That being said, I would totally have sex on a carousel if no one was around. Kind of awesome.
- Peyton and Jake and Jenny are darling. And then Jake calls his little girl “Angel.” My word.
- Friggin A. Poor Nathan. He feels abandoned and betrayed. And has every right to feel that way. Nice one Deb. Thank the heavens for Haley. “How does it feel to be abandoned mom?” Yay for emancipation!
- And yay for Brooke slamming the door in Lucas’ face.
Best Bit: Honestly? Not one of my favorite episodes. But if I had to pick one moment I liked it would have to be Haley’s face when Sheryl Crow walks into the café. And then Nathan gently telling her to settle down.
Ugh! Moment: Nicki kissing Lucas’ arm and licking his fingers. Gross.
Fave Quote: Nathan: “Thanks for the car dad. Now I can get away from you whenever I want.”
Biggest Question: I don’t know what the emancipation rules are in North Carolina but at least one of Nathan’s parents has to sign off on it, right?
On My iPod: “The First Cut Is The Deepest” by Sheryl Crow
Don’t own One Tree Hill Season One yet? Buy it here:
One Tree Hill: The Complete First Season
My friend and vidder extraordinaire, Kianna (@kiannak23 on Twitter) has created yet another amazing One Tree Hill fan vid. A definite must watch. Have tissues near by!!
Have a GREAT week y’all!!