Welcome back to OTH Wednesdays! Thanks for being patient with my absence as I traveled the country over the last few weeks. While I had a wonderful time, it feels great to be back on the job of recapping one of my favorite shows! And, not only is it OTH Wednesday, it’s also the birthday of both Nathan Scott himself, Mr. James Lafferty and the beautiful Shantel VanSanten!! Happy Birthday James & Shantel!!!! Let’s celebrate all this goodness by sobbing our eyes out, shall we?
2×11 – “The Heart Brings You Back”
Overview: Jake is back for Peyton and who knows who Haley’s sister Taylor is back for…
- I swear to GOD when I thought that first flash to Haley on the bus was real I almost kicked a hole in my TV. Thank the heavens it wasn’t. But she still kissed Chris Keller. Again. DAMN IT. And all the while, her husband is waiting at home with a romantic dinner. DAMN IT ALL TO HELL.
- Taylor is trouble from the word GO. Wanted to punch that face the moment I saw it. I have good instincts sometimes.
- I think I had always missed the part where Jakes says that Lucas called him for Peyton. That was pretty sweet of Lucas.
- I’ve told y’all about my thing with the way James says “comfortable,” right? I just LOVE IT SO MUCH!! It’s like seriously a thing I have that I will never get over.
- Aaaaaaaaaaand Jake spills the beans about Chris Keller & Haley.
- Scott brother bonding!! My favorite! I literally laugh out loud every time I watch Nathan launch that ball into the river. And then laugh harder when Nathan tells Lucas about losing the V-card to Haley’s sister. It’s just too damn much.
- “Usually I get them first.” Poor Nathan. He is a wreck.
- Peyton is SO great. I get Anna being confused and everything but she doesn’t deserve a friend like Peyton. I don’t really care for Anna. I’ve said that, right? And I care for Felix even less. WANT TO STAB HIM MANY TIMES!!!!!
- This Nathan and Taylor thing is a giant mess. GIANT MESS. But it’s good for Nathan right now in a way. He has someone to talk to. I guess.
Best Bit: “Hey, do you need some help?” And then Nathan joins Haley in the kitchen and they share that little kiss. And it’s hardly anything. But at the time, it’s everything.
Ugh! Moment: Every time Felix is on screen. That guy is beyond help at this point, no matter how many sweet things he says to Brooke.
Fave Quote: Lucas: (voiceover)”Tennessee Williams once wrote…When so many are lonely…as seem to be lonely, it would be inexcusably selfish…to be lonely alone.”
On My iPod: none
2×12 – “Between Order and Randomness”
Overview: Nathan has a secret to share with Haley but Haley has secrets of her own.
- “We’re family now, we shouldn’t have secrets.” I am pretty sure I would be just fine never knowing how my brothers in law ever lost their virginity. Gross. Nathan’s recovery is AMAZING! “Whoever my first was wasn’t nearly as important as my last.” PERFECT MAN IS PERFECT!!!!
- I love Brooke but I could not be less interested in her crab job story line.
- Dan is such a sleaze bucket. Haven’t these people learned yet that they should question every single one of his motives?
- HALEY IS A LIAR!!!!! Damn it Haley. Don’t be emailing Chris! UGH!
- Nathan is VERY hot when he’s threatening but it doesn’t seem to be having any effect on Taylor who is a giant slut bag. It must be hard not to hit a girl in his situation.
- Oh Lord. Poor Nathan. Most awkward convo ever. He’s so brave and adorable. I understand Haley getting upset that it was her sister but can she really hold against him what happened before she came along?
- I mostly hate Taylor but I love her for calling Haley out on the Chris stuff. Someone needs to.
- Of course Haley forgives Nathan. She really kind of has to after what happened between her and Chris. But either way, it warms my heart.
Best Bit: Haley and Nathan walking along the water, hand in hand, stopping to share kisses. Such a sweet moment. And knowing what comes next, a moment I wish I could trap them in forever.
Ugh! Moment: Dinner with the elder Scott brothers. Horrible. Uncomfortable. Cringe-worthy. Dan is really THE WORST.
Fave Quote: Nathan: “All right, Haley. We got married so quickly, we never really had the talk that most people have when they get engaged. About past relationships… sexual history.” Haley: “Ah, that’s probably because I can give you mine in under ten seconds, while yours is catalogued in the Library of Congress.”
Biggest Question: “Does this mean you didn’t wait for the ring to give it up either?” “I waited until I was in love.” Is Haley saying that she and Nathan did THAT before they got married? This statement has always confused me.
On My iPod: “Glad” by Tyler Hilton
2×13 – “The Hero Dies In This One”
Overview: Chris Keller is back in town and Haley must make a choice. Lucas makes a choice of his own that upsets everyone except Dan.
- If Nathan had to find out about Haley emailing Chris Keller at least he did it in a towel. No reason for it to be ALL torture.
- HALEY STOP LYING!!! Taylor is definitely to blame for some of it but NOT ALL OF IT!!! DAMN IT!!!
- LUCAS STOP LYING!!! My GOD these people are all idiots. Lying is never the answer!!
- Dan is such a shit head. His double meaning is hidden in everything he says. What an ass. And he is SO GROSS. Was he really hitting on Taylor? Ugh!
- Nathan is wearing a Celtics shirt. And wearing it SO WELL. I want it. GO BOSTON!
- I love the way Peyton introduces Chris Keller. Hilarious. Like she’s touching something dirty as she says his name.
- Chris Keller the character is the devil but Tyler Hilton is so talented. I love this song he does so much.
- Angry, threatening Nathan is SO HOT you guys!! But I cannot handle his face as he watches Haley watch The Wreckers on stage. He’s so afraid of losing her. OUCH!!
- GAH!! Nathan!! She was wrong to kiss Chris Keller! Of course she was! But ultimatums are NEVER EVER GOOD EVER!
- This Keane song makes me cry without fail every time. The flash back to their first time there at the dock does not help at all. This is horrible.
- *SOB* Will I ever make it through the end of this episode without bawling my face off? GEEZE LOUISE!
Best Bit: There really is no best bit of this episode. The whole thing is painful. But the live music is great. Love both songs.
Ugh! Moment: Must I say it? It just hurts SO BAD!!! The yelling! The fighting! The keyboard throwing! The look on Nathan’s face when he knows that Haley is gone! I JUST CAN NOT!!!!!
Fave Quote: Peyton: “A kiss always means something.”
On My iPod: “When It Comes” by Tyler Hilton, “The Good Kind” by The Wreckers & “She Has No Time” by Keane
2×14 – “Quiet Things That No One Ever Knows”
Overview: Everyone is struggling with loss. Nathan is a wreck after losing Haley and Karen after Lucas has moved in with Dan.
- Oh God. Poor Nathan. He’s such a mess. It hurts my soul just looking at him.
- Erica Marsh is a bitch.
- Nathan rocking bed head while drinking in class would be hilarious if it weren’t so damn tragic.
- Jake and Peyton and Jenny are SO DAMN CUTE. I just love them. And whitey babysitting? ADORABLE!!!!!
- “You got it right Peyton. People always leave.” Break my heart some more why don’t you?
- Mouth is the sweetest. I just love him. I would totally vote for Brooke after that speech alone.
- Damn it Haley! GO HOME! Or at least call your effing husband! GAH!
- Brooke’s scene from the series finale!! SO MANY FEELINGS!!!
- I absolutely love, love, love this scene with Karen & Nathan. They never get a lot of screen time together but this moment is so perfect. They are both so heartbroken. It’s so painful but so lovely.
- “Sometimes they come back.” Awwww!! Thank you Peyton!!!
Best Bit: Another super painful episode but watching Nathan punch Dan in the face feels pretty damn good.
Ugh! Moment: Um, every single scene where I have to see the hurt all over Nathan’s face. IT’S SO DAMN HARD!!!!!
Ms. Hand: “Okay, please tell me you are not drinking beer in my class.”
Nathan: “Technically, it’s malt liquor…”
Ms. Hand: “Nathan!”
Nathan: “It’s okay, I brought enough to share.”
Ms. Hand: “Come with me, please.”
Nathan: “That’s a nice skirt, Ms. Hand. You know, if more teachers dressed like sluts, attendance in this place would skyrocket.”
On My iPod: “Flying High” by Jem & “Club Foot” by Kasabian