Greetings from Colorado!
After 4 amazing days at a New Hampshire lake house with 10 of my closest friends, gallons of beer and zero sleep, I have arrived at lake house #2 in Loveland, Colorado where I will be house sitting for my aunt for the next 2 weeks.
I love this house. I always have. And now I have it (mostly) to myself for 14 days. Virgil is here and I will be helping to take care of my niece while my sister is in class, friends and family will be coming and going pretty often but, for the most part I am looking forward to doing a lot of reading, a little yoga and watching probably the least amount of television ever in my life. Also hoping that being out here will somewhat lessen the sting of missing Comic Con this year. Because that kind of sucks.
I’ll be keeping up with Awkward (LOVED the season 2 premiere! TEAM MATTY!!!) and True Blood but will probably take a break from the One Tree Hill Retro Recaps while I am here. There are just so many books to read! And I have been working on Clockwork Prince for an embarrassingly long time.
Stay tuned friends! I’ll post vaca updates and photos as often as I feel the urge. Have a great Tuesday!
Happy TVD Renewal day!!! It’s official! We’re getting a season 4 (like we had any doubt).
We’re one week and one hour away from summer hiatus. I don’t even want to think about it. You know what else I don’t want to think about? Alaric. I feel like watching him as an evil vampire is going to break my heart. And my will to live. I am, however, looking forward to watching Klaus be on our side for a change. Really, I just look forward to watching Klaus. I’M SCARED THOUGH!! Time to set up the Pinot Grigio IV and anesthetize Virgil (I don’t want to deal with his nightmares if he watches this).
- This feels so wrong. This Alaric being in that classroom. Especially after watching “Let the Right One In” this week and getting to see the first mission plotted there. I’m sad.
- Poor Rebekah is awful butt hurt about missing the dance. She will never get to be a real girl, will she?
- Does the stake not kill Evil Alaric or did they just miss his heart?
- WHAT THE FRAK? That was some effed up ish right there kids. Alaric, burning in the sun, breaking Caroline’s neck and then dragging her body back into the school. I may have peed my pants just a little. Holy mother of crap.
- Also, I thought Beks and Caroline had just had a little bonding moment and then she just let her get dragged to certain doom? Nice lady.
- Whoa. Jeremy is angry. Poor kid.
- Damon is angry too. This is sad. Did I already say that? “I do stupid things like let my friend die with dignity when I should have killed him.” If anyone needs me I’ll be sailing my boat down my river of tears.
- I AM SO FUCKING DONE WITH CAROLINE BEING TIED UP AND TORTURED! DONE I TELL YOU!!!
- Damon’s car is on the street. Stefan must have walked. (Shut up. I care about these things).
- Dammit Elena. Or as husband says it: “Dumb bitch.” I think he is not a fan.
- People still have the newspaper delivered? I didn’t know that still happened.
- Not gonna lie. This is kind of fun. The throwing things bit. It’s like a vampire temper tantrum but with props. I wonder if the neighbors will be confused about what happened to their fence. Also, I hope those kids have insurance and a broom.
- Is it ok that I am totally cool with the “Klaus and Elena leave and Stefan goes with” plan? I would totally watch that show.
- This is awful. I can’t watch. Why does it always have to be Caroline? Why? SOMEONE ANSWER ME!!!
- How awesome would it have been if Bonnie answered the door and it was a Girl Scout.
- Klaus is a Stelena shipper. FYI.
- Did Bonnie just Bing where Elena was?
- I wanna know if Klaus is telling the truth about the bloodline. Like I really wanna know real bad.
- BE STILL MY HEART! Oh Em Gee. Klaus’ care and concern for Caroline is like palpable. And I wanna swim in it.
- I love the vampire fighting. I don’t like watching Stefan & Damon get tossed around like rag dolls but the action is HOT.
- Did Elena just use her brain? Someone get the poor girl an Excedrin right away. It must hurt like hell.
- GET STEFAN!!! Did you hear what she said? DID YOU???
- Elena’s not the only one wearing her thinking cap. Klaus has come to a few conclusions of his own. Elena can’t choose. This episode is like a Mensa meeting!
- “Just between us girls.” I love Klaus. Even when he’s doing evil things. I love him.
- YAY TYLER!! (I don’t think I have yelled that ever but it felt good). I may have also done lots of clapping.
- Oh no. I mean YAY but also NO! This is terrible. And good? I don’t understand my feelings!!!
- This is all very intense with Klaus and Stefan staring into each others eyes while Bonnie kills Jeremy and stuff. Does Stefan secretly wish there was another way? Does he kind of not want this to happen? I bet Klaus kind of doesn’t want it to happen either.
- The boys are taking Klaus for a swim I guess?
- I love and hate this conversation. I am glad she was honest with them and what she says makes perfect sense. Still sucks though. It’s all stupid. This show is stupid. I hate this show.
- This scene is so great. So happy. I love these characters. I love this show. A bit miffed that Elena is reluctant to do tequila shots though. What a loser.
- Alaric has sold out the leading ladies of Mystic Falls. Ruh-roh.
- ONCE MORE WITH FEELING!! (I have feelings watching these brothers. The “I want to hug all of my unicorns and all of you while sobbing” kind of feelings).
- “She’s a pretty special girl.” KILL ME NOW!!!!!!
- What happened? What’s wrong with Elena??? She’s going to get paint in her hair!!!
Best season 3 episode. AMIRIGHT? That was incredible. Scary and funny and devastating and heartfelt and action packed. Only one left. UGH! And so many questions!! Are they going to be able to take down Alaric? When they do, will that be the very end of him forever? Will Elena make a choice? Will her choice make me want to stab kittens? I can’t wait to see the pre-pilot flash backs. I have a feeling I will need beach towels to dry my tears. Are y’all ready for it?
The first time I talked about unicorns (publicly) was in a recap of The Vampire Diaries. It was so long ago I can’t even find the post anymore. It was something to do with Stefan and Elena and a special moment they shared and I was so excited that I was SURE Unicorns were running on Rainbow Roads as it was happening. When they suffered a setback later in their relationship I mentioned that said Unicorns were lying in dirty puddles, crying tears of congealed glitter. For some reason, that was enough to get the attention of TVD creator and writer extraordinaire, Julie Plec and my unicorn wrangler persona took flight.
Since then, my friend Melissa has created a story about Unicorns, just for me (parts One and Two for your enjoyment). And I continue to write about unicorns in my weekly TVD recaps on TheVoiceOfTV.com as well as in my every day life. My friend Thomas Galvin (an amazing TVD recapper and an amazing writer in general) even suggested that I wear something like this to the TVD Convention in Chicago in April.
We both decided that I would scare ALL OF THE PEOPLE if I wore something like that. Too bad I don’t have the money or the balls to actually do it. Maybe I have the balls. But definitely not the cash. Currently taking donations.
More recently, my friend Ceci (a long time friend of mine turned Vampire Diaries addict) came all the way from Argentina to the USA for the first time. We couldn’t schedule a face to face visit during her short time here but when she got home she mailed me the most amazing present.
Isn’t he THE CUTEST??? His name is Virgil. He was named by my friend Vee (@dieslaughing) and we have all decided that he should wear cardigans and/ or sweater vests. I just can’t find any in his size!!
Virgil and I are now INSEPARABLE. He’s the best kind of pet. He doesn’t shed, doesn’t bark or need a litter box. He’s rather opinionated but I usually like that in a companion. He even does Yoga with me though, he is far better at it than I am and not afraid to rub it in.
So please, stay tuned. Virgil and I are only at the start of our epic relationship and on the brink of something amazing, I am sure. I’m positive that we will have many super swell adventures together.