Happy OTH Wednesday!! Another batch of my not so favorite episodes. UGH. I just wish season 2 would be DONE already! Very excited to get to Season 3 and much happier times. It will take me a little longer than I hoped though as I will be away again next week. Sorry!! So much travel for me in the summer months! But recaps will be back August 15th. Have a great 2 weeks!
2×15 – “Unopened Letter to the World”
Overview: The tree hill high students are tasked with creating a time capsule that allows each of them to unleash their true feelings. Some feelings are nicer than others.
- Poor Nathan. I just can’t handle this. I really do not care for these episodes that exist inside “The Dark Times.” I do not like them at all.
- It’s so weird to see Peyton so happy. And I can’t really enjoy it knowing that Nathan is so miserable.
- Ugh. Felix. Gross.
- Do you think if Keith hadn’t been so love starved for most of his life, he still would have fallen for Jules so quickly?
- Oh Nathan!!! I really want to laugh at the pink paint and the clown but it’s way too sad. And where did he get that clown painting anyway? Did he really go shopping for it? Good lord.
- 10 points to Karen for use of the word ASS. Especially with “assy frat boy haircut.” I do feel so sorry for her though. She’s the only truly lovely parent in Tree Hill.
- GO KAREN!!! Lucas totally had that coming.
- “If I love her and she loves me, what is there to figure out?” Oh Nathan. So heart crushing.
- I just love it when the brothers are sweet to each other. Warms my heart.
Best Bit: Jake and Peyton are finally making it happen. Love them together. They seem to be the only happy people in Tree Hill.
Ugh! Moment: Anna conning Mouth into breaking into the time capsule and then watching some of the vids. What a bitch.
Fave Quote: Nathan has several angry (but hilarious) one liners. The best though? “Voicemail. I hope you still don’t got that crap.”
On My iPod: “Club Foot” by Kasabian
2×16 – “Somewhere A Clock Is Ticking”
Overview: It’s time for Keith and Jules’ wedding and everyone finds themselves with relationship decisions to make.
- Haley and Nathan on the phone with that split screen just murders me.
- I love that Nathan is grocery shopping at Dan’s house. And I love the cold shoulder he throws Deb.
- I just adore the shit out of Whitey. He’s so sweet and wise and hides it all under smart ass remarks. And I can’t believe Nathan tried to buy beer in front of his coach. Dumbass.
- Lucas is trying to help and Deb is just a bitch.
- YAY JAKE AND PEYTON!!!! They really are just so sweet.
- Nathan’s smile when Haley corrects the interview to “Haley James Scott” is just magical. Which makes it that much more painful when he’s led to believe Haley & Chris Keller are a couple. OUCH.
- Oh Nathan. GOD. What a mess. I just want to take care of him so much!! Poor baby!! He’s killing me.
- And poor Keith too. Dan is such an effing CREEP!!! He even has an evil creep laugh!! He’s like some fairy tale villain. Only with fewer redeeming qualities.
Best Bit: Deb sending Nathan off to get Haley. I never saw it coming but so glad that she pushed him to go.
Ugh! Moment: SO MANY!! Nathan showing up drunk to the wedding, Jules leaving Keith at the altar, but it actually HURT to watch Nathan burn their wedding wall.
Fave Quote: Whitey: “I’m sorry. The pity store is closed today.”
Biggest Question: Not all the wedding wall pictures were of Haley and Nathan. Did he just want to forget the whole experience?
On My iPod: “Chariot” by Gavin DeGraw & “Now That You’re Gone” by Ryan Adams
2×17 – “Something I Can Never Have”
Overview: Nathan goes after Haley and while he’s gone, bad blood bubbles over in Tree Hill.
- HATE NICKI THE WHORE SO FRAKING MUCH!!!! WANT TO STAB HER IN THE FACE!!!
- Lucas really should have told Keith what was going on right away. Bad move on his part.
- Felix is such a giant piece of garbage.
- This episode is just FULL of giant ass holes. And you can’t have a giant ass hole episode without a few piece of shit remarks from Dan.
- Just showing them in the same room together, laughing and smiling is enough to make me break down into tears. I WANT IT BACK!
- Another flash back and Nathan has his arms around Haley! *SOB*And then the phone message!! WHAAAAAAA!!!!!!!! I hate it I hate it!! Just rubbing in what we’re missing like salt in a very deep wound.
- UGH! I forgot how much this episode makes me cry. Wedding flashbacks? That’s just the cruelest of the cruel. They’re so perfect together!
- Together in real time! SQUEEE!!! And his face is so full of hope and love and it’s too much to take!
- So long Felix! Good riddance!! Don’t feel bad for you!! Can’t wait for you to be gone!! Hate you! Don’t let the door hit you in the ass on the way out!!
- Lucas and Karen are SO sweet!! Yay for Brooke!
- You guys!! PUT YOUR RINGS BACK ON FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!!!
Best Bit: The Naley flashbacks are TOO MUCH. Such perfect, beautiful moments. They feel like air after being trapped under water.
Ugh! Moment: Haley telling Nathan that she isn’t sure she was ready to be married to him and then Nathan walking away while she’s on stage. MY GOD THE PAIN!!
Fave Quote: Nicki: “Well, if it isn’t the other woman… and my favorite travel agent. Any other places you’d like to recommend?” Brooke: “Yeah, far away from me! Unless you’d like your next period to come out of your nose.”
Biggest Question: Did anyone ever believe there was a chance that Brooke would leave?
On My iPod: “Chariot” by Gavin DeGraw & “Lie in the Sound” by Trespassers William
2×18 – “The Lonesome Road”
Overview: Nathan makes a dangerous pit stop on his way home and Lucas works with Andy to bring Dan down.
- Love that Lucas fancies himself some kind of detective.
- Could not care less about Anna and her special friend. I love lesbians but I hate Anna.
- Taylor is so much trouble. I just want to smack her 94% of the time.
- There is just SO MUCH about this episode that I do not care at all about.
- LOL at Brooke not understanding how “chores” and “grounded” work. Good for Karen.
- Jake’s story about Nicki having Jenny in the car just breaks my heart. Jake would do anything for his little girl and Nicki is such a slunt!
- That’s right Nathan. You CAN’T do that!!! You better NOT do that!!
- Peyton breaks my heart when she must say goodbye to Jake.
- This is the 6% where Taylor doesn’t totally suck. She has some good advice for Nathan.
- Bye Anna! Won’t miss you at all!! Never come back!
- Poor, poor Jake & Peyton!! Thank God for Whitey though!
Best Bit: Nathan trying to dance on the bar. He is good at so many things but dancing is not one of them. That doesn’t mean I don’t love to watch him try! But that hat baby? Um, yeah. Just no.
Ugh! Moment: Every second Nathan spends with Taylor. She’s a nuisance. And then Nathan almost falls into her trap! Thank GOD he stopped just in time.
Biggest Question: Did Peyton & Jake clean Nathan’s apartment? It looks a hell of a lot better when he gets home than it did when he left.
On My iPod: None.