(this recap is re-posted from 2/1/12)
Greetings OTH Family! Before we get started with tonight’s episode I want to chat about a few things from last week.
First off: Clay. I was pretty harsh about him last week and after discussing it with a friend I believe I owe him an apology. What he went through, with being shot and nearly dying is a HUGE traumatic thing. Not the kind of thing you just shrug off and move on from. Clearly he needs to be getting help, but he’s just having a hard time seeing past his own pain right now and I feel that gets a little bit of a pass. Does the entire situation totally suck? The word DUH comes to mind. But I have faith that He’ll come out the other side.
Speaking of situations that suck: Oh Julian. I’m really looking forward to seeing how this plays out. I understand there was some confusion over what happened exactly and hopefully tonight’s episode clears that up for everyone. What I do know is that no one will be harder on Julian over this than Julian himself and that will be heart crushing to watch. We’re all human. We make mistakes. Some of them just worse than others.
Alright, time to get down to business:
- Husband: “Don’t worry Julian! The liquor store has more Scotch. Sorry, too soon?” Uh. Yeah. Just a tad babe.
- Trying so hard not to cry here. It’s not going well. This is DEVASTATING.
- No Dan. You never got the chance to camp with your son because you were too busy being a giant bully and an even bigger jerk to him his whole entire life. GO EAT DIRT! GAH!
- I have a theory about this Dan/Nathan situation and I don’t like it. Come find me if you’d like to discuss.
- Thank God Davis is ok. I knew he would be but it feels good just to KNOW it, know it. Ya know?
- I appreciate Quinn’s balls in this situation but more balls do not make up for less brains. Going to that drug dealer was STUPID.
- I get what Brooke is going through. I really do. But GEEZ can you imagine what Julian is feeling? My gut feels rotten just thinking of it.
- The husband is pretty pumped for Chase. Imagine that.
- I love Skills. That is all.
- UGH! DAN! Just go away!!! You are CREEPY with all the lurking!! Lurking is CREEPY!
- OMG!!! ALL THE SQUEEEEEES!!!!! *Happy Dance of Joy* They are just the CUTEST!! And there’s Nathan! And he’s coming home!! Tonight!! *sob*
- My husband and Nathan are wearing the same hoodie, like at the same time. Sweet.
- Chris Keller is not pissing me off right now. It’s kind of nice. Husband has reestablished his love for Chris Keller as well.
- Dan is a psychopath. Thank goodness he’s a psychopath on Team Scott Babies. I think.
- Julian! You are breaking my heart! Someone hug that guy. PLEASE!!
- “And choke on stale dog crap? No thank you.” Brooke Davis ladies and gentlemen. I’ve missed that girl.
- Oh lord. Chase and his love triangles. Like a moth to a flame.
- I have a half crying/half laughing thing going on here with Julian breaking that window again. How awesome was that mechanic’s WTF face?
- I wish Dan would stop doing things that cause my husband to cheer loudly for him and point at me and say “SEE!! He’s the best character on this show! SEE!!” I really can’t take much more.
- Ok, WHAT is up with Clay’s hair here? I do not feel good about that at all. He did admit that he needs help though so I suppose I could let it go. Poor Clay.
- “What a naughty little slut.” And I get to live with this man. Every day. Forever.
- Haley is just the right person for Julian to go to. This is perfect. And I love that she’s telling him the story of Jamie in the pool. I’m gonna go ahead and cry now.
- Do it Clay! Move into the loony bin!! I can’t take one more puddle of Quinn tears.
- Tell me friends, who is better than Haley James Scott? The correct answer is, of course, NO ONE.
- Feeling lots of throw backs in this episode. Two ladies committing vandalism. A line of sadness at the Tric bar. LOVE IT ALL!!
- I do not like Tara. Just so y’all know. Put a bra on, close your café, and go someplace ELSE.
- UGH. There’s that sour feeling in my stomach again. I don’t feel so good you guys. Damn you Dan. Damn you.
- There is no crying now. Just sobbing. JULIAN. I cannot handle man tears!! I JUST CAN NOT! Thank you Brooke. For forgiving him.
- WHERE IS NATHAN!?!?!?!??!?!?!??!?!?!?! Probably gonna be sick now. Blurgh. Not good.
So much crazy you guys. Julian just about tore me in two. What an amazing performance by Austin Nichols. And Clay is finally getting the help he needs, so that’s good. But now we’ve got a pissed off drug dealer, a Grandpa Dan just hanging around making creepy side comments and now a missing Nathan Scott and. I saw the promos that aired before season 9 started. I knew something like this was coming. But knowing doesn’t make it any easier to handle. I LOVE Nathan Scott. He is honestly one of the best guys on television. And I am a sucker for the good guy. So when something bad happens to a character I love, I take it very personally. And this HURTS. It’s going to be a long week my friends. 4 down, 9 to go. We can survive it together!