Happy OTH Wednesday! So sorry for all of the absences. This summer has been nuts! The good news is that I think I’m done traveling for a while and the other good news is that this is the last full post of Season 2 episodes!!! Praise heaven! So ready for some Season 3 goodness next week!
2×19 – “I’m Wide Awake, It’s Morning”
Overview: Nathan’s uncle Cooper shows up to help him take his mind off of things and then it all comes crashing down.
- Cooper insisting on looking at Nathan’s junk really grosses me out. It’s just a joke, right?
- Dan is such a shit. Just intent on destroying everything he can’t have.
- Hey!!! Stu-Pac!!!! I love it when they have their little “brotherly” moment. Also, Lafferty Jr.’s shirt is awesome, “That ain’t frosting.”
- I love Brooke Davis. “I really don’t miss Felix much at all.” None of us do Brooke. None of us.
- Day drinking and a dance party. I could totally be down for that.
- Is it just me or is that Daytona chick REALLY annoying? Even before she plays “When the Stars Go Blue.”
- I probably shouldn’t, but I die laughing every time I see Deb passed out in the bushes. Hilarious.
- GAH! Poor Nathan!! He’s so broken! It just kills me. I probably should hug him. Shirtless.
- Whitey is just the best. Have I mentioned that lately? And LOL at his comment about Peyton keeping her door locked or creepy guys will get in. Foreshadowing?
Best Bit: Even though they cause him to crash into the wall, I love the Naley flashes in Nathan’s mind. He can’t stop missing her.
Ugh! Moment: When Nathan won’t let Lucas call Haley. How can near-death not put a stop to this nonsense?
Fave Quote: Dan: “Well, well. It’s my wife. The lawn gnome.”
Biggest Question: So, did Nathan lose control while thinking about Haley? Or did he crash on purpose?
On My iPod: “Son’s Gonna Rise” by Citizen Cope & “Like a Man Possessed” by The Get Up Kids
2×20 – “Lifetime Piling Up”
Overview: Whilein a coma, Nathan dreams of what might have been.
- Though not one of my favorites, the episode did do a good job of fooling me in the beginning. Right up until I saw Karen. Then I was just really confused.
- Gotta admit, it’s kind of fun to see Lucas be the dick while Nathan’s the sweetie. It’s hard to believe that Keith would ever be smarmy.
- It’s nice to see Nathan and Haley in the same place but it sucks big balls that they’re doing that whole friend thing. What a letdown.
- Nathan’s reaction to Brooke in the shower is just THE BEST! Also, he’s naked.
- No matter what the reality is, Dan is always trying to put one of his sons down and Whitey is always standing up to him for it.
- Of course in Nathan’s dream, Haley can’t carry a tune in a bucket.
- Alt universe Peyton is a LOT nicer to Nathan than she was in real life to Lucas. Kind of awesome.
- It’s way more believable that Nathan would make the winning basket.
- Deb’s on drugs, blah, blah, blah. Gonna get help, blah, blah, blah.
- Damn it Nathan for telling Haley not to come! Damn it for saying that you both have to follow your dreams. Damn it for making sense! No dreams! Just togetherness!!
Best Bit: HALEY’S PONCHO!! And their scene at the dock! Is it weird that it makes me sob, even in this alternate universe?
Ugh! Moment: Nathan & Haley just friends? Eff that!
Fave Quote: Nathan: “Don’t say I never gave you anything.”
On My iPod: “Hands Down” by Dashboard Confessional & “Rest In Pieces” by Saliva
2×21 – “What Could Have Been”
Overview: Nathan struggles to make ends meet after his accident and help from Dan comes with a scary ultimatum.
- Brooke is pretty awesome. I’m not really into the whole “bring Dan down” storyline, mostly because I knew it would never happen, but I’m glad Brooke is now helping.
- What kind of hospital billing staff says, “She sounds like a keeper. Don’t let her get away.” Mind your own beeswax biatch.
- Annulment papers!! AHHH!!! Run!! BURN THEM NOW!!!
- Nathan seems almost cheerful. It’s been so long since we’ve seen a legit smile on his face I hardly recognize it. It’s absolute heaven.
- Haley’s manager guy is a dick.
- I absolutely LOVE Nathan’s face when he tells Brooke about the shower dream. Half smile, half cringe. So priceless and adorable.
- Dan trying to convince Nathan that he’s anything other than a giant, douche bag, a-hole is some kind of joke.
- Poor Karen. She just wants to talk to Keith. Their situation sucks.
- Is Brooke allowed to be upset about Lucas keeping things that remind him of Peyton? Has she never kept anything from an ex?
Best Bit: I completely love Nathan and Peyton’s heart to hearts. They were terrible as a couple but their friend moments are some of the best.
Ugh! Moment: Dan going to see Haley with the annulment papers and a bag of lies! OMG I hate that guy! He ruins everything!!
Fave Quote: Nathan: “Lucas is THIS close to tucking me in and singing me a lullaby.”
Biggest Question: Did Nathan really sign the papers? Or did Dan forge his signature?
On My iPod: “Overcome” by Better Than Ezra, “Scar” by Missy Higgins & “Walking with the Ghost” by Tegan & Sara
2×22 – “The Tide That Left and Never Came Back”
Overview: Lucas and Brooke bond during a trip to New York to bring Haley home.
- Karen’s fit at Dan’s dealership is AWESOME!! I wish she would have taken that chair to his face instead of to his window though.
- Dan is the fucking WORST. Blaming Nathan for Deb’s pill problem? I just want to stab him in the throat with a spork!
- AWKWARD!! Walking in on Chris & Haley in a tickle fight? Nice Haley.
- I cannot handle Nathan’s sad face staring at the Tutor Center sign. “Sometimes they come back, right?” *sob*
- Is it possible to want to punch Chris Keller in the neck while laughing at him non-stop?
- I don’t know who stitched Nathan up but pretty sure they did a terrible job. That thing bleeds an awful lot.
- Haley! Go home! Go to your home! Are you too good for your home?
- Poor Peyton. No wonder she is always crying. Poor girl can’t catch a break. And neither can Jake for that matter. Or Karen. Geez Louise.
Best Bit: Watching Nathan get back to basketball is kind of magical.
Ugh! Moment: Nicki showing up at the jail to show Jake that she’s taking Jenny. HORRIBLE BITCH!
Fave Quote: Nathan: “As far as I’m concerned, Shaw was a punk, ’cause you know what? Tragedies happen. What are you gonna do? Give up? Quit? No. I realize now that when your heart breaks, you gotta fight like hell to make sure you’re still alive. Because you are… and that pain you feel, it’s life. The confusion and fear, that’s there to remind you that somewhere out there is something better… and that something is worth fighting for.”
On My iPod: “Hear You Me” by Jimmy Eat World, “How Love Should Be” by Tyler Hilton & “All I Want” by Susie Suh