We’re here!! We’re finally here!! Happy OTH Wednesday and happy Season 3 day! I am so excited to have finally made it to this point. Season 3 is my favorite for so many reasons. Can’t wait to jump in!
2×23 – “The Leavers Dance”
Overview: Season 2 comes to an explosive (literally) end as secrets are revealed and plans are made.
- Ellie seemed kinda off right from the start, didn’t she?
- “We’re gonna be a family again.” Ugh. Dan. Don’t speak about things you know nothing about. Ass.
- I still cannot believe Dan tried to blame Nathan for Deb’s problems. Go Deb. Get away from your dick of a husband.
- Brooke in her cheerleading uniform reminds me part of why season 2 is so difficult: No basketball!
- I KNEW it had to be a dream between Lucas & Brooke. It was too easy otherwise. Lucas’ cold shower is pretty freaking hilarious though.
- I effing LOVE Nathan’s face when Brooke accuses he and Peyton of foreplay. Darling. Hilarious.
- I always forget how intense this fight between Dan and Whitey is. Yikes.
- GREAT timing Lucas. Tell her right before she leaves for the summer? Nice job buddy. And I am SO sure that is why he kept the Peyton stuff. Yeah right.
- Poor Peyton. Now she gets a bomb dropped on her as well.
- You have NO idea how badly I wanted Dan to die in this fire. I actually cheered. It was so exciting.
- “Hi.” *SOBBING*
Best Bit: Haley! Haley is at the front door! For Nathan! In Tree Hill!!!!!!
Ugh! Moment: “We’re not brothers. We’re not even friends.” I hate it when Lucas & Nathan are fighting!!! I understand why Lucas did what he did but he shouldn’t have lied to Nathan. Nathan already has serious trust issues.
Fave Quote: Brooke: “Phantom feelings. Like, when you lose a leg and try to scratch it. Lucas was my gangrene infected amputated limb.”
Biggest Question: Is “WATCHMEWATCHU” on Peyton’s IM Creepy Derek already?
On My iPod: “The Good Kind” by The Wreckers & “Wires” by Athlete
3×01 – “Like You Like An Arsonist”
Overview: It’s time to find out what happened with the fire and how everyone in Tree Hill spent their summer vacation.
- I absolutely love how they set everyone up as the possible arsonist. It was a real mystery that was so fun to try and figure out.
- They’re holding hands!! NALEY FEELS!!! SO MANY!!!!!
- Damn it. Dan made it out alive. What a bummer.
- Oh God!! Poor Nathan!! He’s so angry and hurt. At least they’re talking?
- What a huge thing for Peyton to find out. World rocking even.
- Nathan and Haley keep having the most difficult interactions and it’s so painful but I can’t help but just feel thankful that they’re in the same room again.
- “Pretty angry huh?” I love the “pain stain.” But what happened to the clown?
- S1 NALEY FLASHBACK! OUCH!
- Brooke is awesome to invite Haley to move in. “I got room for you but not a lot of pity. You did what you did.”
- Anybody else totally think Nathan’s letter was from Haley? Or hoped that it was? Especially after she didn’t sign the annulment papers!!!
- Dan is kind of scary. And I don’t doubt any of his threats.
- This is probably one of my favorite Codas of the entire series. So beautifully done. And a GREAT surprise at the end. Nathan has his ring around his neck. *SOB*
Best Bit & Ugh! Moment: How can a moment feel so good and hurt so bad at the same time? The hardest part was thinking for one second while they were kissing that everything was just going to be okay. “Always and forever. That’s what sucks Haley. I still do love you. I always will. I just can’t trust you.”
Fave Quote: Peyton (voiceover): “At this moment there are 6,470,818,671 people in the world. Some are running scared. Some are coming home. Some tell lies to make it through the day. Others are just now facing the truth. Some are evil men, at war with good. And some are good, struggling with evil. Six billion people in the world. Six billion souls. And sometimes…all you need is one.”
Biggest Question: Where did Haley spend her summer? Where did she live? She wasn’t at the apartment. Did she go back on tour?
On My iPod: “Feeling a Moment” by Feeder & “Street Map” by Athlete
3×02 – “From the Edge of the Deep Green Sea”
Overview: It’s time for the end of summer party but not everyone is in the mood.
- The infamous list of boys on the door. This list gets a lot of play over the next few years. Peyton’s face when Brooke points out her dad and Dan on the list is PRICELESS.
- Nathan is ANGRY. And so hot playing basketball. It’s like early S1 Nathan all over again.
- Larry is kind of a great dad. Glad that we’re getting to see more of him. Peyton’s situation totally sucks though. Poor thing.
- Have I said yet how great it is to have Haley back? “How about never o’clock, or maybe quarter after stab out my eyes… either one would be good by me!”
- Karen is the CUTEST. And I have really missed her and Lucas’ sweet mother son time. What, What!
- Real time Naley time!! Their first chat in MONTHS. It’s not sweet but it’s words! Right? And arm porn. Mmmm…..
- Peyton’s “music to slit your wrists to” soundtrack is kind of funny. Sad. But also funny.
- “Well at least she won’t drown naked.” BAHAHAHA. Haley is the best.
- Lucas’s speech to Brooke on the beach is pretty sweet. “I’m the guy for you.” How could she say no to that?
- Peyton confronts Ellie about drugs and Dan has a revelation. Shit is getting REAL!
Best Bit & Ugh! Moment: One and the same again. Nathan and Haley finally have a heart to heart but everything is left up in the air. JUST MAKE UP ALREADY!
Fave Quote: Larry (to Peyton): “I understand you’re upset, but don’t be slamming doors and stomping your little chicken ass around this house when I’m talking to you.”
Biggest Question: Come on. Brooke really redecorated the entire apartment while Haley was sleeping? Sure.
On My iPod: “Move Along” by The All-American Rejects, “Sugar We’re Going Down” by Fall Out Boy &”When The Stars Go Blue” by Bethany Joy Lenz and Tyler Hilton
3×03 – “First Day on a Brand New Planet”
Overview: It’s the first day of their senior year and it brings with it all kinds of surprises.
- The roof of Karen’s Café. The brick. The predictions. It’s ok if I cry, right?
- Surprise #1! Dan is going after Whitey’s coaching job. Again. God he sucks.
- Surprise #2! Ellie has cancer and that’s why she was buying drugs. Not sure telling Lucas to tell Peyton is the best way to go about it though.
- Nathan & Peyton time is always special. “Really, the only thing I missed was skipping algebra and making out in my car. As much as I loathed kissing you, algebra was worse.”
- Is Whitey the greatest or what? Calling Haley Avril Lavigne, setting up the Naley detention. The first one is a wash but the 2nd one is AWESOME! Nathan speaks to her and then almost cracks a smile at her. HEAVEN.
- If some lying druggy bitch was in my room when I got home, I’d have had the same reaction as Peyton. That was rude.
- You know what else is special? Nathan & Karen time. We never get enough of it. “Faith is believing when there’s nothing else you can do. But she’s here now. What are you gonna do about it?”
- Surprise #3! Karen comes to Whitey’s defense as coach of the Ravens and they WIN!
- Surprise #4! It was Lucas who saved Dan from the fire. Sure wish he wouldn’t have done that.
- The scene of Haley working on her predictions brings SO MANY finale feelings. My heart!
Best Bit: He puts his hand. On her back. In front of everyone. Can’t. Breathe.
Ugh! Moment: Nathan says the “D” word to Haley. NOOOOO!!!!!
Fave Quote: Brooke: “Sometimes people play hard to get because they need to know the other person’s feelings are real.”
Biggest Question: What is the exact reason all of those bitches are being such slunts to Haley? Because of the tour? Because of Nathan? They suck.
On My iPod: “Always Love” by Nada Surf & “This Is For Keeps” by The Spill Canvas