2×03 – “Near Wild Heaven”
Overview: Nathan and Haley let their friends throw them “better late than never” bachelor and bachelorette parties.
- I love that Nathan isn’t even trying to stop Tim. He just rolls his eyes and throws his hands up like there’s nothing he can do. It’s adorable. But who he is now is nothing like who he used to be, TIM!
- Haley is darling, getting all flustered over the thought of Nathan with a stripper. Poor girl.
- Only Dan could be this manipulative from his sick bed. Wanting Lucas to see those pictures, pretending to be a nice guy. Disgusting.
- Why on earth would Mouth volunteer himself to get things thrown at him and be rolled into things? Also, I want to play.
- 4 guys sitting around doing Cosmo quizzes. I KNEW this stuff happened. Lucas is the best. “What the hell are you reading?” His face kills me!
- OMG Nathan’s face when he realizes who’s on the porno. SO DEAD!!!!! “Tim, is that your mom?” Effing hilarious. I had forgotten how damn funny this episode was.
- HATE how awkward and distant things are between Keith and Karen. Makes me sad.
- This episode is full of great faces. Haley’s when the tow truck driver strips off his pants? Priceless!
- And the faces Lucas and Nathan exchange when Tim gets arrested? LAUGHING SO HARD!! Then when Nathan sees Haley hanging out of the party bus? I could watch those faces on a loop for ages.
- You know what else I could watch on a loop? Haley flying off the stripper pole. Absolutely fabulous.
- Nathan looks like such a little boy when the stripper is coming on to him. So shy and sweet. So uncomfortable! I Love him.
Best Bit: Nathan stripping off his shirt and telling Haley he wants her. Whoa baby! Actually, I love their entire exchange. From the moment Nathan walks into the room (I never thought for one second he was taking the stripper up on her offer) until Haley tells him, “Honey, you’re gonna love the homework.” So sweet and sexy. Those two are just perfect.
Ugh! Moment: That slunt stripper propositioning Nathan in Haley’s house. What a whore!
Fave Quote: Haley: “All right. I’m off. All the important numbers are by the phone: police, fire, pimps.”
Biggest Question: Is Lucas actually buying any of Dan’s BS? Is he really that curious about his father?
On My iPod: “Let’s Get It Started” by Black Eyed Peas
2×04 – “You Can’t Always Get What You Want”
Overview: Brooke gets a new neighbor, Nathan & Haley have a new fight, Peyton tries a new hobby and Dan reverts to his old ways.
- “Are you writing a song or are you planning on killing me?” Could we just watch them live in domestic bliss forever and ever? I swear it would never get boring to me.
- I may actually pee my pants laughing at Nathan’s Dan impression. Keith’s response is equally great. “At least the cardboard one’s polite.”
- Every time I see Felix (barf!) I want to stab him in the neck. Every. Single. Time. Most especially when he hits on Haley and talks shit to Nathan. How hot is protective Nathan though? “A little close aren’t you?”
- What is up with that guy? You can’t work with him unless you’re a coke head? What kind of sense does that make?
- “Don’t hate the player. Hate the game.” WHO EFFING TALKS LIKE THAT?? What a loser! GOD I hate that kid.
- Love that ‘Vette tough. Very sexy car. I don’t blame Lucas for turning it down but it must have been a super tough decision.
- Keith is THE GREATEST. Nathan really needs a guy like him to look up to. I’m glad he’s standing up to Dan and not letting him back in his life but that doesn’t mean he doesn’t need a father figure. And Nathan is so excited to get to work on the car with him.
- I don’t know if there is something wrong with me or what but I totally just cried watching Nathan & Haley make up. The way he reaches out to touch her face, insisting that she keep her gift, THE WAY HE LOOKS AT HER (GOD that look could melt an iceberg), the excitement in her voice when she realizes that it’s hers to keep, the way she throws herself into his arms. They are just too precious for words.
Best Bit: Nathan is SOOOOOO cute when he gets all excited to show Haley her keyboard. He believes in her so much and his smile could light up the universe. It’s all just perfect. Right up until they fight about it. Which leads to:
Ugh! Moment: Every time Nathan and Haley fight it’s an UGH! Moment. I can’t handle it.
Fave Quote: It’s a tie between two of Nathan’s great retorts while talking to Dan. Dan: “Hey, I had a heart attack. I could’ve died.” Nathan: “Dad, we both know that’s never gonna happen. You can’t jerk anybody’s chains if you die.” And, Dan: “How’s your wife?” Nathan: “Happier than yours.”
Biggest Question: Is there anyone Dan has not tried to buy off with a car?
On My iPod: “Sway” by The Perishers
2×05 – “I Will Dare”
Overview: Felix (barf!) sets up a dare night for our favorite Tree Hill High kids and tries to get closer to Brooke.
- I would NEVER have agreed to do this dare night if Felix (barf!) was the one in charge.
- “Well, ya know, in some countries, you can buy coffee without actually having to have sex with the cafe owner. Those countries aren’t nearly as much fun for me, but what are you gonna do?” Andy is hilarious. If Karen isn’t going to be with Keith, I’m glad he’s around.
- Can you imagine being the sales woman when Lucas comes to return the clothes right off his back?
- I cannot handle Nathan’s face during this scene in the massage parlor. WAY TOO FUNNY!!!! “I’m out.” I bet no one wrapped in a sheet has ever run faster.
- CHOKING on laughter at the card that Nathan has to read. “Good evening, Mr and Mrs Tree Hill resident. We’re selling these delicious cookies to raise money for ‘Lady Leprechauns’, an organization that empowers us girls to be strong, beautiful, independent women of tomorrow.” His face in that hat. DEAD! And then Keith sees them as he drives by. I’m crying.
- Peyton and Haley at the baseball thing are hysterical!! Peyton get’s slammed in the head with a ball, Haley moves in to check on her and then gets whacked in the back. I don’t know why that’s so funny to me.
- I would never, ever in a billion years get into an open grave. Buffy I am not.
- I honestly do not remember this conversation between Peyton and Haley in the church about Haley throwing up before the wedding. It makes my heart lurch to think of that moment before she marries Nathan.
- I haven’t said anything about Anna & Lucas. Oh, right. That’s because I don’t care.
Ugh! Moment: “Dare You To Move,” for a scene that is NOT Nathan and Haley? FOR SHAME!!!!!!
Fave Quote: Nathan: “So this is legitimate right? This is like a massage?” Tim: “Dude, shut up! I am concentrating.” Nathan: “Yeah, you know what, I really don’t think I need to be here for this.” Masseuse: “Oh, it won’t take long.” Nathan: “Yeah, I’ll bet.”
Biggest Question: Did really no one see Lucas start to pull those photos out of his pocket? How blind are they?
On My iPod: “Dare You To Move” by Switchfoot & “Collide” by Howie Day
2×06 – “We Might As Well Be Strangers”
Overview: New kids in town mean new couples. And new opportunities mean new challenges.
- Chris Keller!! He’s such an ass. But an ass that makes me smile. I just can’t help myself.
- Awww!! Whitey. I sure have missed his crankiness. “How the hell should I know? Do I look like the Post Master General?”
- I love that Andy assumes that Lucas is a little kid. Hilarious.
- Oh Nathan. He’s so worried about being away from Haley if he goes to High Flyers. The stress in his face just breaks my heart.
- Anna says that they “beat Our Lady of Peace every year” at basketball. Doesn’t she change schools all the time though?
- Um, can I please have Andy’s yard?
- I don’t think I ever realized that Keith was the first one that wanted to open a dealership. Probably because I have tried to block out all of his time with Jules. He just seems so happy. And then to remember how it’s taken away. Ugh. I don’t like it.
- Lucas confronting Karen in the kitchen is so funny. I love their relationship.
- Damn it Nathan! Why do you have to be so damn perfect? It’s horrible! You can both have your dreams!! You can!! UGH!!
- “Welcome to Tric.” Iconic.
- And then Nathan’s flash back from the series finale!!! I’m gonna go ahead and cry now.
Best Bit: Nathan and Haley watching the meteor shower together. He believes in her so much and he’s just trying to get her to believe in herself. He’s willing to risk his dreams to make that happen. That’s true love.
Ugh! Moment: Nathan lying to Haley about High Flyers. BAD NATHAN!! SO BAD!!
Fave Quote: Nathan: “I already know my future. It’s with Haley.”
Biggest Question: Why does Nathan think that Haley can’t have her music if he goes to camp? And why would Haley tell him that she’d only play when he got back? KIDS ARE DUMB!
On My iPod: “Glad” by Tyler Hilton (I would, of course, have “Let Me Fall” by Bethany Joy Lenz on my iPod if it was available. Grrr).