Happy #OTH Wednesday to my OTH Family! Thanks for continuing to make these days happy for me! Before we get started this week, a HUGE Congratulations to Rob Buckley!! His new show 666 Park Avenue has been officially picked up and will air this fall on ABC. Be sure to follow the wonderful ladies over at (@Robaholics) on Twitter for all the delicious Rob details!
1×09 – “With Arms Outstretched”
Overview: With a big game coming up, Nathan needs a little help. The illegal and bad for you kind.
- Come on. That cocky grin is on his face from the moment he enters the screen. And then he grabs her and kisses her and then she giggles and then he says “I’ll kiss you later.” If that does not make you want to giggle scream into a pillow while kicking your legs in the air you have problems. SO MUCH SQUEEEEE!!!
- Lucas does not give Brooke the most romantic or fun book.
- Dan is such a shit. Every time he tears Nathan down I want take one of his fingers with a pliers and a blow torch. “I’m happy mom. Dad loves me.”
- I love these little talks Lucas and Keith have. They’ve got such a great relationship.
- “My heart’s racing too. That’s what happens when I’m around you.” GAH! KILL ME!!
- Dan kinda has a point about Whitey. Dan is a total f**k face to his son but Whitey puts a lot of pressure on Nathan too.
- Brooke’s Weird Science impression is phenomenal. The moment I really fell in love with Brooke Davis.
- “I’ve been kissing Nathan.” How friggin adorable is Haley James? I’m very relieved that Lucas doesn’t give her more of a hard time about it. He’s growing.
- “That’s how it works. People are mean. Life’s a bitch.” Beautiful philosophy Nathan. Makes me want to slap him and hug him at the same time.
- LOL at Mouth for calling Dan: “He who won’t be named.”
- Oh Deb and Dan. This is where it starts to get really ugly. Can’t really blame Deb for wanting to stab him in his sleep though.
- That break in his voice, her eyes near tears, his honesty, her concern. I CANNOT. This scene gets me every damn time I watch it. Stunning moment for the two of them. “Haley. Let me stay with you tonight.”
Best Bit: From the moment he enters her doorway until the moment she closes that same door behind them both. If possible, it means more the 2nd time around because you know that that’s the moment he fell in love with her.
Ugh! Moment: Happy, hot kissing!! And then he won’t listen the first time Haley tells him to slow down. So bad.
Fave Quote: Nathan: “When I fell to the floor tonight, I was so scared, I was so terrified. Then I saw you, and I promised myself that if I could just get up, I’d walk over to you… I’d tell you how much I need you and how much I want you… and nothing else matters.”
Biggest Question: I have never taken “performance enhancers” but would they really effect someone’s aggression levels so quickly?
On My iPod: “Rain King” by Counting Crows, “Fallen” by Sarah McLachlan and “Re-Offender” by Travis
1×10 – “You Gotta Go There to Come Back”
Overview: Lucas makes a choice between the two girls who want him who had no idea who he was a month ago and in the wake of Nathan’s little experiment, Whitey cancels basketball.
- How awkward was that scene with Booke and Peyton both in Lucas’ room? The start of ship wars that will go on for years and years and years.
- Oh Naley. I cannot handle the cuteness of their cuddles and their bedhead. And I am so thankful that Nathan was honest with Haley about his intentions after the last time they were in her room together. It was needed. Go him. And then after she kisses him and when she nestles back into her pillow with that sigh and that HAPPIEST GIRL ON THE PLANET grin (do not get me started on the her little foot touching his back), she embodies every girl on the planet when they are first falling for a guy. Just so perfectly portrayed.
- Lucas is pretty on point about Peyton. As right as the two of them might be for each other, she is covered head to toe in issues.
- I would never be ok with anyone packing my bag for me. How do they know what I want to wear? How do they know what underwear are my favorites? What if they forget the proper shoes for each outfit? Dan is awfully presumptuous.
- While it would be really embarrassing to catch your friend’s kid with whip cream and condoms, I think Deb oversteps just a tad by going Keith. People should mind their business. Brooke is right, maybe she should look at her own son (pre Haley of course).
- Haley really is the worst artist. Did you see those posters? Yikes.
- You’re not my mommy! Lucas is such a brat sometimes.
- Daddy Jake is kinda hot. Actually, not much about Jake isn’t hot.
- If I ever found myself on the golf course with Dan Scott I would do more than scream at him. I would hit him a few times in the head with that club and then drown him in the water hazard. WHAT A DICK.
- The start of live music in Tree Hill. And Gavin! YAY!!
Ugh! Moment: Nathan realizing he’s the fallback choice for what was supposed to be his parents’ romantic weekend away. Gross.
Fave Quote: Nathan: “Hey, look it’s not about sex with me, okay? When you’re ready, I’ll be too.”
Biggest Question: Did I totally forget or black out a conversation Brooke and Peyton had about Peyton being totally over trying to make anything happen with Lucas?
On My iPod: “Re-Offender” by Travis, “Everything” by Fefe Dobson and “I Don’t Want to Be” by Gavin DeGraw
1×11 – “The Living Years”
Overview: Basketball is back on but everyone still manages to find time for other activities.
- How awesome would family counseling with Dan be? Answer: as much fun as poking yourself in the eye with a BBQ fork. Or so I imagine.
- I don’t get Brooke some times. Who doesn’t LOVE the smell of a library and old books?
- “I’m gonna go put this back.” Lucas is pretty cute with that rake. I wonder where that rake is when a certain someone shows up in season 4.
- “I think you’re really brave to consider rethinking who you are.” Every single moment they share is just …. I die.
- Not gonna lie, kinda surprised that Nathan even knows what a ratchet is.
- Nathan and Haley kind a make me want to go get drunk on the beach with my husband. That shit looks wicked fun.
- Ugh. Lucas shut up. You can get drunk and get tattooed but Haley can’t skip one class to hit the beach?
- Is it even legal for Peyton to be home alone that much?
- I think Brooke hit the nail on the head for their current situation. Lucas is getting something he wants from both girls.
- “I don’t want to see you change. I like you. And I like the fact that someone like you sees something in me.” Dear Lord.
- A SWEET MOMENT AND A NICE WORD FROM DAN SCOTT? I must be dreaming.
- Nathan giving up basketball is kind of emotional for me and I can’t remember if it was the first time I saw him rip off that name sticker or not.
Best Bit: Definitely when Haley throws up on Dan. Nathan said it: “How great was that?” I have pretty severe vomit phobia but for some reason I can watch her barf in his lap over and over and over. And all of their faces!! Laughing FOREVER.
Ugh! Moment: Dan flirting with the waitress in front of Nathan and then yelling at him in public. This guy. Seriously.
Fave Quote: Lucas: (voiceover) “And the little prince said to the man, grownups never understand anything for themselves and it is tiresome for children to be always explaining things to them.”
Biggest Question: Are the people who work at Dan’s dealership in the habit of giving Nathan keys to any car he wants, any time he wants it?
On My iPod: “Harder to Breathe” by Maroon 5 and “Everywhere She Goes” by Across The Sky
1×12 – “Crash Course in Polite Conversation”
Overview: Peyton has a scare when she thinks something is wrong with her dad. Lucas offers to help her with that and a few other things.
- Just so all of you know what a old lady I am, I used to watch Nathan’s grandpa on Major Dad.
- Within the first 30 seconds of meeting Dan’s parents you can almost understand how he became such a twat.
- Keith is positively thrilled with himself at inviting Whitey to dinner. Love it.
- Brooke is pretty selfless about sending Peyton off with her boyfriend. And considering what happens…. Makes me feel bad for her.
- Nathan: “Haley, you got that look.” Haley: “What look?” Nathan: “The look you get when you wanna tell me something, but you don’t really want to tell me.” Haley: “No I don’t and you shouldn’t know that look yet.” He probably knows a lot more about you than you realize Miss Haley James. Just so he can KILL ME.
- Most uncomfortable family meal EVER. I mean, Royal YELLS at Haley. And everyone is coming down on everyone else and lying and spilling secrets. I would have to be so drunk for that.
- Dan has an honest moment with Nathan and Nathan snaps back at him. Good for him. Dan earned that after everything he put Nathan through.
- Poor Peyton. I cannot imagine having to identify a body you think might be your loved one. Makes me think of another time that happens and now I think I’ll go cry.
- “I have to beat him, Haley. it’s the only way I’m ever going to be free of my dad.” Very sad.
- Worst dinner party ever followed by the most awkward breakfast ever. Haley really is a genius. Skipping that was very smart.
Ugh! Moment: Every time Royal digs at Keith.
Fave Quote: Royal: “You answer the door in your underwear?”
Biggest Question: Did Royal give Karen money over the years? Was he aware of what his son had done to Karen? Was Karen ok with Royal while being NOT ok with Dan?
On My iPod: “Maybe Tomorrow” by Stereophonics
Like this design?: Get your Naley gear!!