(this is a re-post in honor of the 5th anniversary of the One Tree Hill Series Finale)
This is it friends. Our very last HAPPY OTH WEDNESDAY!!
I usually start my recaps off with a review of what happened last week and what I think might be coming this week but since this is the very final One Tree Hill recap I will ever write, I wanted to say a little something. I have so many tears in my eyes I can hardly see to type this but here goes:
To my OTH family: Thank you. Thank you for reading these recaps and all of my other articles. Thank you for sharing them with your friends. For leaving the most amazing comments. Thank you for talking to me on Twitter. For answering my questions. For laughing with me and crying with me. I am very new to this family but each and every one of you has welcomed me with open arms. I could not be more grateful. The One Tree Hill family has given me one of the most amazing fandom experiences I have ever had. I will always look back on this time with love in my heart and a smile on my face and it is all because of YOU. You have shared with me the love of these characters, the love of these stories and the love for one another. This ride with y’all has been so much fun! I would not trade this experience for anything and I am going to miss this part of my week more than I can express. And while I was late in joining the OTH party, I will be forever thankful that I was able to watch this last season live with all of you. It has honestly been life changing in the very best way. I have been overwhelmed by the love you have shown me. From the bottom of my ever grateful heart, thank you. A million times, thank you.
Now then. Here we go!!! My final OTH recap!!! The wine IV has been set up. Hope you all are mentally holding my hand right now!
· I know I am not the only one already losing it completely. This first hour is going to be brutal. Absolute murder.
· And the husband’s eyes are already rolling. Also, he’s reminding me that the man doing the voice over is the same guy who narrates Gangland on Spike TV.
· All of these past scenes they are showing are making this so beautiful but SO much harder to watch. Is it possible to love something this much while hating it at the same time?
· RIVER COURT!!!! *sob* I just want to live there!! I would even sleep outside! And I do NOT camp.
· “It’s nice to hear that it’s going to be ok.” SO MUCH WORD MARK!!!
· Is that “Always & Forever” on the title card really necessary? So many feels!!!
· Kate Voegele’s voice is so magical that it makes my heart swell. I have chills.
· Loving all of these stories and all of this fan appreciation.
· And of course they have to talk the most about the episodes that made me cry the very hardest. So many powerful moments.
· KEITH! Holy lord the tears. The way that OTH has handled loss has been such a beautiful thing to me. One of the things I love most about it. And I am so grateful that they did exactly what they did.
· The way that these actors talk about their characters shows so much love and respect. I am in awe.
· This season 9 overview is perfect. I am so thankful for it. I have loved every minute.
· I can’t handle the cast choking up. All of their emotion. THE HUGS. The ache in my chest!
· All of these MOMENTS! GAH! It reminds me that sometimes watching this show is like getting a hug when you really need one.
· BTW, I REALLY need one right now. BAWLING MY EYES OUT!
· NATHAN!! Oh my. “Someday is today.”
· And BROOKE!! “Say it. Do it.”
· HALEY!!! GEEZ LOUISE!!!
· NALEY!!!! GAH!! And the predictions!!
· (also, hello arm porn)
· Um, you guys. This just keeps getting harder as it goes on. I am a huge MESS of emotions right now. So, yeah. Sorry for all of the outbursts and exclamation points.
· Laughing my butt off!!! Chris Keller is the best! Poor Chase. I probably would have peed the bed after that little surprise.
· Mouth & Millie. Way too cute.
· I want to rip Nathan’s jersey off the wall just so I can hug it and never let it go. But since I cannot do that, may it hang forever.
· I LOVE Blind Pilot. So great.
· Haley is totally talking to us, isn’t she? I think she is.
· Thank GOD for Chris Keller. I really needed these laughs. Tyler Hilton is so brilliant.
· HEY! What I do matters too!! Right? Can I have $500,000.00?? Mouth totally earned that though.
· HJS singing on stage. It does not get much better than this. Joy’s voice is heaven.
· UGH! Felix! Hate that guy! Love you Mouth. “Doesn’t matter.”
· I am so relieved that Chase’s drinks are still gross. And excuse me while I DIE from laughing at that slap. “Devil’s ass.”
· And then Clay too!! My stomach aches from cracking up so hard.
· Logan. SO CUTE IT HURTS. Also, love Clay quoting himself from season 8 when Nathan called him weird.
· “Dad.” I die.
· Is there anything more beautiful than Nathan’s face as he watches Haley sing? I think not friends. Except maybe the way she sounds.
· Oh my God!!! His guitar! From 3×09!!! Awwww!! Nathan really is the very best there is! As are these Chris Keller/Nathan moments. So sweet and funny and darling!
· LOVE this jam! SO SEXY! I am dancing in my chair. No, really. I’m quite good.
· The web site sales!!! Just like the very first Clothes over Bros!! Where’s the child labor though?
· The father/son moments on this show are some of my favorites. And Nathan is just SO great at this. SO GREAT!!!!! I’m gonna start crying again.
· BEVIN!!!!! SO MUCH CLAPPING!!!! I guess Tim didn’t work out? LOL
· Clay is Ah-Ma-Zing. And extremely hilarious. The crack head show does sound like fun.
· “Mom.” I die. Again.
· This bromance between Chase and Chris: I never saw it coming. And yet it is one of my favorite things. If they ended up with those twins it would be the best thing ever.
· THE NOTEBOOK!!! YES!!!!!!
· “Chris Keller’s work here is done!” Something I will now say every single time I finish something. Even if I’m saying it only to myself.
· The book. From the Pilot. *sob*
· This trip down memory lane that Brooke & Haley are taking together is so heartfelt and comforting and SO much what their friendship is: Beautiful.
· Chris Keller & Haley James Scott are making me want to hug the whole world wearing a rainbow sweater.
· Okay. Here we go. Naley time. I may be a tad hysterical for this bit.
· MAC AND CHEESE AND CRACKER JACKS! AND A NEW BRACELET AND I AM CRYING SO HARD!!!
· Those James girls are just the most beautiful criers. This is so amazing!! It’s perfect for them. For all 3 of them. And there’s confetti. Of course there is.
· Mouth’s speech is hitting me really hard. And his scholarship? Edwards Scott. WOW.
· Aaaaaaaaand here we go. Be still my heart. It’s racing. And not from drugs. OMG. I can’t breathe from the Naley. I can’t breathe from the goodness. From the perfection. Lord thunderin Jesus.
· Brooke. And her house. And she gets to be The Girl Behind the Red Door. Because Julian is amazing. I am crying so hard that there are no longer sounds coming out.
· And the hits just keep coming. Thank you Evans Family.
· The passing of the prediction torch. The next generation.
· OH MY GOD HALEY! “There’s only one Tree Hill. And it is your home.”
· Oh B. Davis. Please don’t cry. I can’t handle it.
· “I DON’T WANNA BE ANYTHING OTHER THAN ME!”
· The whole family!!! They are all together. And every single tiny bit of it is perfect. The singing and the playing and the kids and the sharing. And all at Karen’s. I couldn’t smile harder or cry harder if my life depended on it.
· The future. The song. The flashbacks. The voice over. The old quote. The love. The Ravens. “Believe in it. With all your heart.”
Perfect. Brilliant. Beautiful. Amazing.
Somehow all of these words seem totally inadequate and yet they are all I have left. It was everything and then some. Thank you show.
Good night friends. Good night OTH Family. Good night Tree Hill.
I was sitting on the beach this afternoon just thinking about how strange this place is. It has been a really long time since I have been out of my New England bubble for this long. But I don’t think it’s just that. The entire time I have been here on the west coast I have had a weird, surreal feeling. Like I’m not really inside my own body. or like the colors are too bright. It’s hard to explain but it’s very bizarre.
I mean, there’s the obvious stuff. The weather is just a tiny bit different here in January. I am absolutely not missing the snow or the cold or the constant darkness at home. I suffer from seasonal affective disorder every January and February and it has been nice to get a break from being constantly grumpy and sad. It is hard being so far from my husband and close friends, though. It makes me feel a little bit isolated and that may be contributing to the surreal feelings I have had.
It has also been really funky watching hockey at 4:00pm and being done with hockey before dinner time. The entire time change/difference has taken a while to get used to and will surely kill me once I get home. But really the hockey thing is the craziest part. It changes how I structure my day and make plans for myself. I mean, no wonder they make the Bruins play at 10:30pm EST when they are in town. Afternoon hockey on a Tuesday is WEIRD! Also, it feels like summer every day but still gets dark a little after 5:00pm. What planet am I on?
I have to say, despite the color of the ocean being different and having to drive every damn place and paying tax on clothes, I am enjoying myself. It has been great to see the friends I do have out here and I love playing tourist, seeing new things and beautiful places. If only it felt like it was actually happening!
Filed under More Me, Travel
I am going to start off this post by saying just one thing about current affairs: I am angry and I am afraid. And also very proud of Boston right now. Mayor Marty Walsh is doing the exact right thing by fighting fear and hate in every way he can. Keep doing you, Marty. Also, please read this article written by Yonatan Zunger, an engineer at Google and a former Stanford professor. It is eye opening and easy to read. It will probably not make you feel better.
In happier news, I got to spend this last weekend with my sister and it was so good to have her home, even for such a short time. We were able to squeeze in a lot of eating, drinking, and laughing, as well as a very intense game of Uno wherein she wiped the floor with her boyfriend and I. It was embarrassing. We also Visited Balboa park (gorgeous) and a couple of wineries up in Temecula (amazing). I had never been to Wine Country before and I have to say, the Sparkling Coconut Nui from Wilson Creek Winery is LIFE CHANGING. If you see it, pick it up, you can thank me later.
Not sure if I will get the chance to see Stacey again before I leave California so I am super glad we got to have an awesome, long weekend together. Miss her already.
Today, my first day alone in a while, I spent some time at the pool with my headphones and a book. Feel like I finally sunned some of the pale off of me. It would be be nice to get back to Boston and NOT be glowing in the dark any longer. Also enjoyed listening to the latest Steve Dangle Podcast featuring NHL All-Star and Legend, John Scott. What a great sport that guy is. Hopefully the people near me at the pool didn’t mind me laughing to myself for a solid hour (thanks most notably to a joke about a pro golfer at the zoo. Too hilarious for words). I probably looked really cool. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Tonight I will be making my first of three Blue Apron dinners that my sister so generously set up for me. A glazed cod that looks really healthy and delicious. I’ve never really cooked fresh fish before (lobster doesn’t count) so it will be interesting to see how it goes. I will have an update on a later post. Wish me luck!!
Last but not least, this last weekend was the NHL All-Star Game. I didn’t get to see a lot of it since I was busy enjoying the California sunshine, but I did see a few pics, one especially that filled my heart and my tear ducts and has become one of my favorite hockey pics of all time. I present for you All-Stars Tyler Seguin and Brad Marchand, formerly known as Bryler, two thirds of my favorite line of all time. Missed seeing them on the ice together!! Enjoy!
Before I start Day 3 and you all wonder what happened to Day 2, it was pretty uneventful. I did a little shopping and then discovered old episodes of Smallville on Hulu. Spent way too much time on Lana and Clark. Sue me. The only noteworthy thing was listening to the latest PuckSoup podcast about “puck bunnies.” I took my book and my snacks down to the pool (I found the pool!!) thinking I would just listen a little and then read a little. I could not turn the podcast off. Such an incredible different look at the league I adore so much. I can’t say it changed my mind about anything but it certainly made me think about a lot of things. By the way, Patrice Bergeron is so hot and saying that does not diminish my knowledge that he is one of, if not the best, two way center in the league. Toews beat him in a cup final game. Sure. But my man was rocking a punctured lung, separated shoulder, broken rib, broken nose, etc. Patrice is the best and also completely gorgeous. All there is to say about that.
On Day 3, I spent a little time mourning our outgoing POTUS. He achieved some pretty incredible things. bin Laden is dead. Every same sex couple in America can now legally be the victim of an over zealous wedding planner. Hundreds of thousands of troops got to come home to their families. Hundreds of kids can now fulfill their dream of serving in the military while maintaining their personal identities. Hard workers with long term illnesses were no longer kept from health insurance. He did it with no help from the GOP and with every ounce of class that I would have thrown out the window the first time someone questioned my place of birth. Obama made me proud to be an American. Michelle made me proud to be a woman with a brain. To say that they will be missed seems like the understatement of the century. I am beside myself.
Regardless of Cheetos, or narcissists, or the crumbling of our fundamental rights to exist, I will be marching on Saturday. I cannot be in Boston to march with my ladies who voted for Senator Warren, (who is looking out for each and every one of us!), but I can stand with the ladies here in San Diego. Women’s rights are human rights!! Don’t ever forget that. Cannot wait to glitter up my sign!!
(btw, if you are looking for a gift for me, I want that Leia poster framed and in my kitchen. So damn good.
I have arrived in California!!
Technically, I arrived last night and to such an amazing surprise!! I knew I was going to get to meet my sister Stacey’s new boyfriend Alec as he kindly offered to pick me up from the airport (he knows where she lives now and I do not). What I did not know, was that Stacey was going to be with him at the airport!! Such a surprise. I nearly burst into tears and definitely screamed loud enough to scare some pee out of a lady standing near by. The three of us had a wonderful evening playing trivia and eating gourmet mac & cheese at a brewery. Excellent start to the trip.
After a quick tour of her new place, Stacey had to get back to the boat and Meredith Grey (the cat, not the TV character) wasted no time in showing me just how unwelcome I was. She really is something else. After she made me bleed my own blood, I spent the following 12 hours closed inside Stacey’s bedroom. In my defense, I did have some sleep to catch up on and a book to finish reading so it wasn’t completely out of fear. Getting around today has been interesting though, to say the least. Meredith hates me. I am terrified of Meredith. Meredith is not a fan of the vacuum. Ergo, the vacuum and I have become attached at the hip BFFs. Big thanks to Alec for the excellent tip. Just me, dragging the vacuum from room to room in case I have to point it in her direction. It would be hilarious if it weren’t so pathetic.
I did escape the cat from hell for a bit to hit the grocery store and decided that since I was feeling so anxious about everything, I would also hit a beach. So, I turned the Guster up on the stereo and went for a little drive. The sound and the smell and the sight of the water was just what I needed. I definitely take for granted having it just down the street at home.
Tonight will be frozen pizza, streaming the Bruins game online, and trying not to get killed. Wish me luck.
Princess Leia was my first love. My first crush. The first person I can remember wanting to be. She didn’t let stupid dudes tell her what to do. She was always cool in a crisis. She took orders from no man. In a sea of damsels in distress, she was the one doing the rescuing. And I learned from her.
Carrie wasn’t just a heroine on screen, but one off of it as well. A champion of sufferers of addiction and depression. A fighter against tyranny and evil. There wasn’t anything she was afraid to tackle. The future. The past. She had it all by the balls. Just like any princess should.
And in her bravery, in her strength, she made others brave and strong.
RIP, Princess. You are already missed.
“I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened.”
FILE – In this July 10, 2015 file photo, Carrie Fisher, from left, Mark Hamill, and Harrison Ford attend Lucasfilm’s “Star Wars: The Force Awakens” panel on day 2 of Comic-Con International in San Diego, Calif. Ford stars as Hans Solo in the new film, “Star Wars: The Force Awakens,” releasing in U.S. theaters on Dec. 18, 2015. (Photo by Richard Shotwell/Invision/AP, File)
Filed under More Me, Movies